“Design for a better world.”
As an Associate Designer, provide visual design and production support on a range of visual design deliverables, including but not limited to: email and share graphics, rapid-response graphics, landing pages, display ads, presentation decks. Working with a mix of nonprofits, brands, and causes, you will help build cohesive, action-oriented campaigns, craft fresh, delightful, people-centered experiences, and engage audiences with compelling visual storytelling. You’ll work on an interdisciplinary team of strategists, writers, analysts, web developers, creative directors, and clients.
- Support the visual design of a wide range of projects – including digital campaigns, website design, and brand identity work.
- Collaborate with strategists, writers, analysts, and creative directors in the development of creative solutions; present and explain designs to clients; iterate and evolve based on feedback.
- Consistently advance our craft, expertise, and processes within the global design team through regular team crits and work sessions.
- Stay up to date on tech and design best practices and trends to keep our work fresh.
Designers at Blue State are curious, passionate, and eager to collaborate across disciplines. They’re thoroughly immersed in the field of design and are able to work quickly, autonomously, and with polish. They understand how to use design to provoke action, aid in understanding, and clarify information.
Top things we're looking for
- 1-2+ years of professional digital design experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (AfterEffects and Figma are a plus!)
- Flexible skills: We’re looking for a versatile design aesthetic, and brilliant examples of how to reach and activate audiences across different styles and platforms online.
- Thoughtful approach: Strong conceptual and strategic thinking, as well as an advanced understanding of how your work fits into a whole vision.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- Passion for progress. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always moving forward.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.