Advertising Operations Associate
"Helping to build and implement paid media campaigns that drive positive change in the world"
As a Media Ad Ops Associate, you'll be charged with leading the implementation and stewardship of paid digital media campaigns across clients ranging from charities, advocacy groups to major brands (and everything in between). This will include staying on top of campaign timelines, ensuring all necessary assets are received in order to build campaigns, and the building and execution of campaigns within media platforms. You need to be analytical with exceptional attention to detail, switching seamlessly from pulling results for a campaign report, and rolling up your sleeves to launch new creative is no big deal for you.
You should have a working knowledge of some of the main digital media platforms, and a passion for all things digital. Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, programmatic, retargeting, audience targeting, self and managed service, data and measurement are a few examples of words you’ll use on a regular basis. You will use your digital curiosity and passion for innovation to bring new ideas and thinking to the team.
- Serve as a main paid campaign ad operations resource, owning the building, stewardship, and oversight of campaigns, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and quality assurance.
- Monitor and update reporting on a weekly basis to track campaign performance and spend.
- Coordinate and support media leads on client accounts to discuss performance and identify opportunities for optimizations and other areas of improvement.
- Attend internal meetings, as necessary, to report on campaign performance and status.
- Drive innovation through keeping abreast of advertising industry and client-related trends, including building and maintaining relationships with media partners.
- Collaborate with cross-discipline internal teams to ensure media needs and deliverables are met in a timely and accurate fashion.
As part of the global Media team, you’ll work closely with a cross-disciplinary group of colleagues on various project accounts, and have support from media colleagues across Blue State offices. We’re passionate, geeky, and care about our clients and their campaigns. We work with many different charities and advocacy organizations - and so a passion and drive to achieve great results for causes we believe in is essential!
Top things we’re looking for
- 0-1 years experience (including internships) in a hands-on digital media activation role using a mix of digital channels (Social, Search, Programmatic, Video, etc) - with preference to experience in executing, managing, and reporting on media campaigns with a mix of objectives/goals.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects on time, within budget, and meet performance goals, while following QA procedures.
- Working knowledge of top digital platforms including Google, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Programmatic providers. Google Analytics knowledge is also a bonus.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State.
- At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — across ethnicities, genders, religious backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, immigration statues, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply for this role. Even if you don’t feel like your current skill set checks every box, if you’re committed to learning and doing work that matters we want to hear from you.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. Across clients including UNHCR, Amnesty International, Google, Tesco, Nesta, and Tate. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.