What to know
Help lead our clients and teams to greatness. As a Project Coordinator, you will lead day to day project management activities for Blue State’s mix of clients and offerings. You will serve as a close partner to our internal project teams and will collaborate with strategists, designers, analysts, developers, and other subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver thoughtful marketing communications programs. You’ll work on client projects from start to finish, and help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
This opportunity provides room to grow and improve on existing processes. We welcome curious minds who are willing to challenge the status quo!
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in the US and London.
Our Accounts and Project Management Team is at the heart of everything we do. Our charge is to take complex problems and break them down into solvable pieces. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative, strategy, and technology teams. We are intellectually curious and love to explore the use of new digital platforms and tools. Our energy and our passion for our work is contagious.
A day in the life
- Support strategic, creative, and technology deliverables by managing overall project timelines, scopes, and budget as well as the day to day production of a client project or task.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of internal teams to complete tasks on time.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Support Account, Creative, and Strategy Leads and SMEs by managing up and providing project or task details as needed
- Draft agendas, timelines, and other internal or client-facing documentation related to the project management of a given client engagement.
- Attend client meetings to represent Blue State and contribute to discussion on projects you are managing
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Inclusive family planning coverage, including fertility, surrogacy, and adoption benefits
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- 401K & employer match
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- 12-week Fully-paid parental leave for all parents-to-be
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model. On-site presence is welcome for US staff who are within commuting distance of the NY or DC office. Managers retain discretion to require in-person attendance for folks on their discipline or client teams as necessary, including for those whose roles require them to be in person. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Some things we're looking for
- 1-3 yrs of experience leading or supporting task/project management for marketing initiatives (e.g. social media, mobile, email, or other digital strategies) and/or product or platform development (e.g. website design and development).
- Experience with and interest in project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- You are adaptable, curious, and always looking for ways to make things more efficient.
- You have a passion for cause-based work and promoting progressive values.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- Whether it is Slack, Zoom, or email, you are a clear and responsive communicator. You approach communication with empathy and respect.
- You manage your time well and are excited to dive into multiple projects at once.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State and embody our working agreements.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: Accommodation Request to get started.