Senior Media Strategist, Buyer
What to know
Execute game-changing advertising strategies that tie engagement to the bottom line. As a Senior Media Strategist, you'll lead the execution of digital advertising campaigns across clients, with a particular focus on UK and global non-profits.
This may be the right role for you if you’re someone who is equally strategic, creative, and analytical. Switching seamlessly from a client presentation, to writing an insightful analysis of campaign performance, and rolling up your sleeves to launch new creative are no big deal for you. You’re used to spending most of your day speaking in acronyms — terms like CPA, ROAS, DSP and CTV are major parts of your vocabulary — and you know how to explain them to clients and teammates.
You will use your depth of paid media experience to inform your work but also tap into your digital curiosity and passion for innovation to bring new ideas and thinking to the team.
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action and drive create real change. With clients including the UNHCR, Google, Amnesty International, UNICEF, Medicines Sans Frontiers (MSF) and Oxfam, Blue State cultivates and mobilises communities, raises money and influences policy, builds platforms, and transforms how organisations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees in London and the US.
A day in the life
- Build, manage, and optimize media campaigns across multiple platforms . You will have strong experience in paid social and paid search channels, and a relative understanding of programmatic DSPs.
- Translate clients’ strategic visions into media objectives and KPIs to accomplish a wide range of client objectives including direct response (lead gen and fundraising), awareness, persuasion, and advocacy.
- Analyze ongoing and historical performance data to identify opportunities for improvement, make strategic recommendations, and generate reporting and insights to drive optimization.
- Have a strong POV on measurement, attribution, and conversion tracking, and apply that knowledge to strategic recommendations and ongoing campaign management.
- Participate in (and frequently lead) client-facing interactions — you’ll be the subject-matter expert for the platforms you manage.
- Work collaboratively with other internal or external teams, including media planners, strategists, account directors, designers, and analysts, to produce campaigns, creative ideas, audience and target recommendations, and experimental designs.
- Be an internal and external thought leader and help keep us up to date with the latest digital media trends by maintaining relationships with media partners, and engaging in media R&D projects, writing blog posts, and participating on panels
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds (local equivalent)
- Fully subsidised health and dental insurance for employees (subject to tax)
- Generous pension match via salary sacrifice
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Parental leave policy for up to 32.5 week of coverage at full pay, inclusive of all genders and supporting a range of family structures
- Group Income Protection (GIP)
- Group Life Assurance (GLA)
- Optional holiday travel insurance
- Pre-tax season ticket loans
- Cycle to work (up to £2000)
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model, with presence in our office required at two days per week. To enter our London office or attend Blue State events, staff is required to submit a self-administered lateral flow test prior to attending.
Some things we're looking for
- 4-6 years experience in a hands-on paid media buying role using a mix of digital channels (Social, Search, Display, Video, Native, OOH,)
- Demonstrated experience translating client business goals into cohesive media strategies and specific KPIs, and a record executing campaigns that delivered on those goals.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple clients and projects on time, within budget, and meet performance goals.
- High proficiency with digital advertising platforms — you’ve demonstrated a level of mastery of paid social, paid search, and/or programmatic trading — as well as Google Analytics and other measurement platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail, especially with regards to campaign setup and trafficking, QA, and reporting.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for delivering change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- A testing evangelist - no result is ever a problem as long as we can learn and improve in future.
- Humble in victory, constructive in defeat. We champion and expect empathy, communication, collaboration, and respect.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: Accommodation Request to get started.