Contract Web QA Analyst
What to know
As a Contract QA Analyst, you’ll ensure the delivery of high-quality web and product offerings. Working closely with our product and development teams, you’ll plan and conduct tests for Blue State’s portfolio of clients, which includes progressive organizations, advocacy groups, campaigns, and global brands.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in the US and London.
The Tech Team consists of product managers, developers, tech leads, and martech specialists. We’re veterans of presidential campaigns, agencies, nonprofits, and the tech world who want our work to matter, are passionate about technology, and aim to continually improve the work we do. We collaborate very closely remotely and, optionally, from our offices in New York, DC, and London.
A day in the life
- Lead the QA process within a cross-functional project team, from planning and conducting tests to tracking issues and resolutions.
- Assist product managers and project managers with the documentation of requirements and acceptance criteria, ensuring that all team members are aligned on functionality, user flows, and edge cases that are to be tested.
- Create and execute test plans and report defects as they arise, using project management tools such as Jira.
- Use simulators, real devices, development tools like Chrome’s Web Inspector, testing libraries like Deque Axe, and occasionally automation tools like Selenium to execute cross-browser and cross-platform test plans.
- Verify defects reported by the client and add any additional context for the development team.
- Help product managers triage and prioritize issues, thinking critically about what is being reported. Do these bugs seem connected? Have we seen this issue before?
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of documentation, testing standards, and tool kits within the QA practice.
- Learn about and administer content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal, entering data for testing and production as needed.
- Estimate anticipated QA time as part of the project planning and scheduling process
Some things we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience in QA, particularly with website projects.
- Relentless attention to detail and a drive to find even the most subtle bugs and defects
- Experience with CMS-driven websites, such as those built on WordPress.
- Familiarity with and interest in marketing platforms, including CRMs, and data and personalization technology used by organizations to engage and mobilize their supporters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to discuss issues with technical and non-technical stakeholders alike.
- Empathy, positivity, respect, and the ability to be a role model at Blue State.
The salary range for this position is $25-$50 per hour; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: Accommodation Request to get started.