Senior Content and UX Strategist
What to know
Guide and implement content and experience strategy and design for a diverse set of clients, from small nonprofits and political campaigns to fortune 500 companies. We are looking for a Senior Content and UX Strategist who is a strategic thinker and doer capable of guiding prominent organizations and causes toward a more effective use of digital technology, platforms, and communications. You understand how strategy guides design and how to marry audience needs with business objectives. You're eager to design digital programs that look good, are delightful, and inspire action.
As a Senior Content & UX Strategist, you'll be conducting stakeholder interviews and prioritizing business goals, shaping and executing user research, structuring and architecting content, sketching user interfaces, conducting tests, and acting on iterative user feedback cycles. Along the way you will be framing your insights and presenting your ideas and work to clients. You will work primarily in the medium of websites but also contribute to omni-channel strategy.
You’ll be part of a broader team of product managers, strategists, tech leads, and UX/UI designers where each member is a huge contributor to the projects they lead. We value a strong aesthetic point of view, a desire to experiment with new trends and technologies, a willingness to push the boundaries of user experience, and a good sense of humor. We offer a culture that will support and encourage your ambitions to build on your expertise, stretch your skills in other disciplines, and take creative chances.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in the US and London.
In a typical week you may:
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to understand key business requirements and help clients prioritize their goals
- Host collaborative workshops including kickoff meetings and co-design activities to iterate with clients and quickly arrive at content, user journey, and design solutions
- Lead discovery activities, including competitive analysis, content and site audits, and review of qualitative and quantitative user feedback
- In partnership with an analyst, synthesize site analytics and SEO findings with recommendations for new site and social channel content
- Structure and execute user-centered research, including user interviews, usability testing, intercept surveys, and card sorting
- Partner with creative directors, strategists, and communication leads on multichannel content planning and editorial calendar development
- Consolidate and present research findings through user personas, user journeys, experience maps, and feature requirements documentation
- Help plan all content elements, including copy, images, interactions, and IA through content frameworks, sitemaps, and sketches.
- Work closely with visual designers, strategists, and developers throughout the design process, from concept to launch
- Participate in the new business process, including ideation, scoping, and pitching
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- 401K & employer match
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- 12-week fully-paid parental leave for all parents-to-be
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model. On-site presence is strongly encouraged on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for US staff who are within commuting distance of the BK or DC office. Managers retain discretion to require in-person attendance for folks on their discipline or client teams as necessary, including for those whose roles require them to be in person. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The salary range for this position is $102,500-$125,000; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Some things we're looking for
- 5+ years prior work experience in Content Strategy and/or User Experience
- A strong portfolio exhibiting your content strategy and UX research skills
- Experience working with complex organizations in planning editorial and communication calendars across earned, owned, and paid media
- Familiarity with content strategy practices including taxonomy system development, content modeling, SEO best practices and storytelling principles
- Sound knowledge of content management systems
- Familiarity with service design concepts and processes, including governance, service blueprints and cross channel mapping
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Methodical, problem-solving mindset and attention to detail
- Team player with the willingness and ability to lead when called upon
- Self-starting and flexible; ambitious with a sense of humility
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and a commitment to constant iteration and improvement
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: Accommodation Request to get started.