Business Operations Coordinator (Contract to Perm)
Get Ahead. Optimize. Adapt. The Business Operations team is looking for a proactive, process oriented administrator to join the team as a Business Operations Coordinator. The individuals on this team bring together the data, the people and an understanding of the work to help senior leadership see the big picture and make well-informed, people-centered business decisions.
The Business Operations Coordinator will support agency leadership and the Global Business Operations team to ensure resourcing data, revenue and timesheet data is entered accurately in a timely fashion. This is an entry-level role where you are able to gain exposure to and work with a variety of teams at different levels across the organization - client-side and internal - to get a ground level view of how an agency business runs.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns to create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands, causes, and campaigns raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in five offices around the world.
A Day in the life
- You will serve as the daily keeper of our data: working with client teams and leadership to ensure all resourcing forecast data is current and accurate, and that all project and user data is inputted and tracked with consistency in Mavenlink, Blue State’s system of recording for project planning and time tracking.
- Pull and organize reports in Google sheets as requested by leadership and project leads to support in decision making and business planning.
- Support leadership in revenue management: updating relevant spreadsheets with revenue changes as needed and updating project opportunities in Salesforce.
- Manage monthly close process: Analyze and adjust client revenue with Account Leads, Managing Directors and Finance team to close the month timely and accurately
- Track timesheets for the organization - following up with folks to ensure timesheets are submitted on time in service of our finance team and payroll.
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- 401K & employer match
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- 12-week fully-paid parental leave for all parents-to-be
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model, with presence in one of our office locations strongly preferred at least two days per week. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Some things we're looking for
- 1 - 3 years of experience in business operations or project management
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google sheets, experience with project management software (such as Mavenlink) a plus.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and communicate openly with those around you. If you have a collaborative working style, this role is for you!
- Organizational skills and a good sense of time management with the ability to follow direction with a fine attention to detail, asking questions when needed
- The ability to effectively use a wide range of communication tools in tandem from email to video conference to chat. Experience with Zoom and Slack a plus.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to model the world you want to see at Blue State
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.