Grassroots Fundraising Strategist, Blue State Campaigns
We’re looking for a fundraising and mobilization strategist with a record of success in developing campaign plans that drive donations and engage supporters. In this job, you will be a key member of the team working with clients on their fundraising and messaging goals, develop tactical recommendations for fundraising programs, set campaign milestones, help develop program calendars and testing plans, and generate and synthesize audience insights.
- Support the execution of cross-channel digital fundraising programs for our political clients, everything from concepts to calendars to copy.
- Write succinct and effective fundraising copy for email, SMS, social media, paid media, and related channels.
- Work closely with analysts, strategists, and paid media planners to develop testing plans and optimize campaigns.
- Collaborate with creative directors, senior strategists, and designers to bring ideas to life through beautiful graphics and copy.
- Collaborate with our team to target key audiences and innovate new tactics for converting donors.
- Contribute to high-level and holistic strategy projects for your clients.
- Manage rapid response moments.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the social, political, and economic issues that impact your clients as well as continuing education within your discipline.
- Keep up with the latest digital fundraising trends, and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
We’re a U.S. electoral campaigns-focused team at Blue State. We help candidates and committees build campaigns focused on their most important factor: people.
That means creating seamless, silo-free campaigns that empower supporters as leaders and reach people with one core message across all channels.
Our practice provides general consulting, campaign planning, message development, strategic communications, paid media, fundraising, and grassroots organizing.
On-site presence is strongly preferred at a minimum of two days a week. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Top things we're looking for
Even if you don’t think your current skills or past experience don’t fit every part of this description, we want to hear from you if this role aligns with your strengths and interest in political campaign work in an agency setting.
- 2-3 years of agency and/or digital campaigning experience—with a focus on electoral campaigns or issue advocacy.
- Experience developing and executing large-scale grassroots fundraising programs.
- Experience in developing messaging and content for fundraising, engagement, persuasion, and mobilization campaigns.
- Detailed understanding of digital communication channels—from email to Instagram to SMS to media platforms—and how to leverage them or fundraising and engagement opportunities.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain the reasons behind a particular strategic or creative approach and guide clients through difficult decision points.
- Understanding of content management and CRM platforms such as NGP/EveryAction, BSD, ActionKit, or Action Network
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- You are steeped in the art of empathy, practice mutual respect, and will act as a role model at Blue State. A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is vital.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box above, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $74,000; compensation is otherwise commensurate with experience.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in five offices around the world.