Managing projects to achieve greatness. Project Managers at Blue State are integral to business delivery helping organise projects that make us tick. You’ll guide day-to-day delivery, translating client briefs into inspiring, clear project plans, monitoring progress against milestones, and being the last word in quality assurance - all while managing opportunities and challenges should they arise.
You’ll help ensure we’re equipped internally, organising and briefing the right resources, forecasting and reconciling revenue to maintain client financial health.
You'll work on digital advertising, fundraising, research and creative projects from start to finish, and help turn progressive ideas into actionable plans, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping our nonprofit and NGO clients thrive, working across cultures and countries to mobilise and raise millions for our clients making the world a better place. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with clients from UN agencies to think tanks, corporate CSR teams and campaigning groups.
You need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, happy to spin multiple plates and ensure our clients and teams have what they need to succeed.
- Lead multiple projects considering how all the pieces fit together across people, process and end goal offering new ways of working - collaborating closely with senior relationship managers and leadership.
- Day to day contact across time zones working with client projects manager(s) and partner agencies in Asia, Africa and South America for a range of creative, research and paid media projects
- Own production schedules, status reporting and communications across clients, manage operational aspects of projects, including communication of client needs to team and vice versa
- Scope, define, estimate and manage budgets and/or timelines for new and existing projects
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients, assigning and tracking tasks for colleagues across offices
- Minimise exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and clients to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Lead post-project assessments and make recommendations for future projects, ensuring project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Developing project proposals including financials, and scopes for a variety of digital projects, ensuring financial compliance.
- Seek advice as appropriate and bring in senior colleagues and subject matter experts for support. Update team hours weekly and work with account leads or senior leadership to identify resource constraints / additional needs and identify possible solutions.
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspiration for our strategy and creative teams.
Top things we're looking for
- 3-5 years experience in digital project management. Experience delivering a variety of digital marketing and/or fundraising projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience in an agency setting is preferred, but we welcome applications from digital professionals who have managed projects and stakeholders in-house and wish to move to the agency world.
- Experience leading projects beyond the UK (APAC/EMEA/Americas) is desirable - but the willingness and sensitivity to work with clients across cultures is essential
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, across different projects and clients, while maintaining a sense of perspective
- Ability to re-plan projects on teh fly, creatively problem-solving for how to meet deadlines and align with complex stakeholder schedules
- Ability to step in on an ad hoc basis on live projects to support team members
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State. With the ability to interact with technical colleagues, business stakeholders, and clients across digital maturity.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, ethnic diversities, LGBTQ+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action and drive create real change. With clients including the UNHCR, Google, Amnesty International, UNICEF, Medicines Sans Frontiers (MSF) and Oxfam, Blue State cultivates and mobilises communities, raises money and influences policy, builds platforms, and transforms how organisations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees across five offices.