VP, Data and Analytics
In this role, you’ll help define and grow our data and analytics practice at Blue State, working in partnership with our Director of Analytics and Data Science Lead. The work you do will be transformational – not only for Blue State but for our mix of leading charities, campaigns, advocacy organizations, and brands. You love to use your problem-solving skills and data science skills to further clients’ missions and solve complex client challenges through use of data, personalization, automation, and AI. You’ll oversee key clients, help land dream clients, coach staff, and position Blue State to deliver the best possible outcome. You’ll lend your technical expertise to upskill staff and evolve our methods, and help bridge our Analytics, Strategy, and Tech/Product consulting offerings.
You’ll be a part of the Analytics Team, and report to the Chief Technology Strategist.
- Serve as data lead on key clients, providing data insights, developing segmentation and personalization strategy, and driving the program through automation and AI.
- Assess a client’s data systems, data collection, and data usage, and make recommendations that align with their business goals and Blue State’s campaign tactics.
- Collaborate with CMOs, CTOs, digital strategists, and analysts to drive strategy across multiple channels.
- Build analytics models, data science solutions, and data products that allow our Analytics Team to scale their talent and deliver more actionable insights.
- Introduce new approaches and models for reporting, forecasting, projections, benchmarking, measurement, optimization, supporter scoring, and attribution.
- Mentor staff, coaching them on how to solve analytics challenges and fostering their growth as data scientists.
- Create and support systems and processes for managing, compiling, manipulating, and analyzing data for client and internal projects, including but not limited to: paid media performance, web traffic and user behavior, and email and mobile marketing.
- Operate across a range of data platforms and tools (BigQuery, Data Studio, DBT) and marketing technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EveryAction, Engaging Networks, etc).
We are a passionate group of people who are both thinkers and doers. We bring a people-first, data-driven mindset to all of our work. Ultimately, we’re about real impact for real people, partnering with brands, nonprofits, and political organisations to drive progress.
For us, this isn’t just work. Everything we do is connected to something we care about and we’re seeking an individual willing to work tirelessly to create positive change in the world.
Once Blue State offices reopen, on-site presence is strongly preferred at a minimum of two days a week. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Top things we're looking for
- 8+ years of experience in data science and data strategy or related field, with direct experience working with CRM data.
- Experience with a range of marketing technologies, including a mix of CRM systems, messaging platforms, journey management tools, media platforms, and business intelligence tools. Knowledge of emerging categories like CDPs and personalization tools is a plus, as is experience with technology platforms typically used by non-profit organizations.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of end users, and colleagues.
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in five offices around the world.