“Help manage groundbreaking projects and client experiences that win elections and change the world”
We’re looking for a seasoned project manager who is ready to jump right in to help lead the day to day project management activities across a mix of political clients and offerings as part of the Blue State Campaigns team. You will serve as a close partner to our internal project teams and will collaborate with fundraising and communications strategists, designers, analysts, developers, and other subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver thoughtful fundraising, strategic communications, and strategy programs or platform/website product solutions. You’ll work on client projects from start to finish to help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics. In this role you will be responsible for developing project requirements and timelines, monitoring the status of creative deliverables, ensuring cross-team collaboration, and tracking resource needs and budgets.
- Basic administration duties such as calendaring, scheduling, organizing digital assets, and assisting with documents across multiple projects at a given time.
- Draft agendas, timelines, and other internal or client-facing documentation related to the project management of a given client engagement.
- Set and continually manage client expectations and roles throughout the project life cycle.
- Attend and document client meetings to represent Blue State and feed into discussion on projects you are managing.
- Support strategic, creative, and technology delivery by managing overall project timelines, scopes, and budget as well as the day to day production needs for a client project or task.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of internal delivery teams to complete tasks on time, including supporting Account, Creative, and Strategy Leads and SMEs by managing up and providing project or task details as needed.
- Facilitate the final approval of all deliverables before client delivery.
- Help to lead client and internal brainstorms, planning meetings and presentations, and program development workshops.
- Collaborate with copywriters, designers, and other discipline experts to translate strategies and creative concepts into web, social, and mobile experiences and communications programs.
We’re a U.S. electoral campaigns focused team at Blue State. We help candidates and committees build campaigns focused on their most important factor: people.
That means creating seamless, silo-free campaigns that empower supporters as leaders and reach people with one core message across all channels.
Our practice provides general consulting, campaign planning, message development, strategic communications, paid media, fundraising, and grassroots organizing.
Top things we’re looking for
Even if you don’t think your current skills or past experience don’t fit every part of this description, we want to hear from you if this role aligns with your strengths and interest in political campaign work in an agency setting.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of agency and/or political campaign experience—with a focus on public policy, electoral campaigns, or issue advocacy. Experience with digital fundraising, grassroots mobilization, or digital organizing is helpful but not required.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations.
- You have a problem-solving attitude, a thorough understanding of the importance of process, and exhibit flexibility and creativity to adapt to project or client needs.
- You have experience collaborating with team members who are responsible for developing messaging and content for fundraising, engagement, persuasion, and mobilization campaigns.
- You have effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate what the team is working on, guiding clients through difficult decision points when necessary for the timeline or scope.
- You have strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management, and strict attention to detail.
- You are comfortable and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- You have experience with or a willingness to learn how various third party tools used by Democratic campaigns are leveraged by campaigns.
- You have experience with content management and CRM platforms such as WordPress, Contentful, NGP/EveryAction, BSD Tools, ActionKit, and/or Action Network.
- You have a shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- You are steeped in the art of empathy, practice mutual respect, and will act as a role model at Blue State. A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is vital.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box above, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $72,000; compensation is otherwise commensurate with experience.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. Across clients including UNHCR, Amnesty International, Google, Tesco, Nesta, and Tate. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.