“Fundraise for the campaigns that count.”
This role is a perfect fit for the person who finds satisfaction in coding and deploying the perfect email and wants to dig into the nitty-gritty of fundraising on political campaigns.
In this role, you’ll support senior strategists in executing fundraising campaigns for a range of political clients.
These fundraising campaigns are centered around email marketing but reach across channels to include SMS, social, and paid media. The majority of your time will be focused on writing, building, and executing fundraising collateral across channels, including orchestration of cross-channel journeys and automation. There will be plenty of room for innovating, learning, and leading along the way. You’ll be trained and supported by a team of fundraising experts who have raised billions of dollars online.
- Write and execute email and cross-channel programs from start to finish, including production and QA, on systems like EveryAction, ActionKit, and Action Network.
- Master the capabilities of these platforms and help map campaign strategy onto technology, advising clients on the best way to take advantage of the tools available and to work around technical challenges.
- Work closely with designers, analysts, and paid media planners to build/target audiences, A/B test, and optimize campaigns. Strong communication and collaboration with others, including strategists, analysts, and developers, is essential in this role.
- Support during rapid response moments -- sometimes we need to move fast to launch a campaign. The person in this role should be able to act nimbly in high-pressure moments.
- Stay aware of the latest digital trends and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
We’re a U.S. electoral campaigns-focused team at Blue State. We help candidates and committees build campaigns focused on their most important factor: people.
That means creating seamless, silo-free campaigns that empower supporters as leaders and reach people with one core message across all channels.
Our practice provides general consulting, campaign planning, message development, strategic communications, paid media, fundraising, and grassroots organizing.
Top things we’re looking for
Even if you don’t think your current skills or past experience don’t fit every part of this description, we want to hear from you if this role aligns with your strengths and interest in political campaign work in an agency setting.
- 1-2+ years experience in digital marketing
- A passion for cause-based work and promoting progressive values.
- Familiarity with marketing technology platforms like EveryAction, Action Network, ActionKit, or similar
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS coding
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model.
- Work well with a variety of departments and key actors. This is a team atmosphere - you're not going solo.
- You have a shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- You are steeped in the art of empathy, practice mutual respect, and will act as a role model at Blue State. A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are vital.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities, and people at all the intersections in between — to apply.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $60,000; compensation is otherwise commensurate with experience.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. Across clients including UNHCR, Amnesty International, Google, Tesco, Nesta, and Tate. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.