Talent Acquisition Lead
“Recruit for a better world.”
As a Talent Acquisition Lead, you will be part of a best-in-class Talent team, supporting growth and recruitment across five of our offices in the US and UK. The Talent Acquisition Lead serves as an ambassador to Blue State internally and externally, and in most instances are the first point of contact for someone looking to join Blue State
As Talent Acquisition Lead, you will be responsible for sourcing and recruiting the best talent for our business, with a growing understanding of DE&I best practices and how it applies to our candidates, our hiring managers, our interviewers and our processes.
You will work closely with people across all teams and offices, including executive leadership and also are expected to manage the day to day hiring administrative tasks for their roles. You will collaborate with hiring managers on effective hiring strategies and include the Head of Inclusion & People Operations to further refine those strategies where needed.
- Run the full lifecycle of recruitment across all Blue State offices - from job set up through offer.
- Source, screen, interview, and hire candidates across various disciplines including Accounts, Project Management, Design, UX, Media, Strategy, Technology, etc.
- Collaborate with the Head of Inclusion & People Operations, local leadership, executive team, and hiring managers to understand office and team needs, as well as get to know the attributes that make Blue State a unique place to work
- Bring fresh ideas for sourcing the right people for Blue State
- Support our diversity strategy as it relates to recruitment, ensuring our process is equitable, inclusive, and bias-free from start to finish
- Contribute to interview process improvements and trainings
- Ensure a positive candidate experience for applicants through all stages of the hiring process
- Serve as a brand ambassador at career and networking events
- Contribute ideas on marketing efforts to increase Blue States name recognition in the job marketplace
You will be part of the global talent team and reporting to the Head of Inclusion and People Operations.
Top things we're looking for
- 3+ years of full lifecycle recruitment experience with a recruiting agency and/or in-house team, particularly in the disciplines named above.
- Ability to effectively assess candidates in the creative and tech space
- Deep search experience on LinkedIn
- Experience managing the hiring process in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse) or similar to maintain and track candidates
- A sense of positivity and proactiveness to keep all stakeholders informed and excited. The ability to build trust with both hiring managers and candidates.
- The ability to multitask and switch between tasks while staying organized
- Curiosity and pro-activity, with a willingness to learn and adapt to new processes. Teamwork and flexibility required.
- Adept at adopting a variety of ways to communicate (via Slack, Email, Zoom, etc) - and an effective communicator
- Empathy, respect, and a strong interest in Blue State’s values and alignment with our working agreements
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box above, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first, and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland, and Chicago.