“Lead clients — and their teams — to achieve progress and impact.”
In this role, you’ll work to take our clients’ complex problems, break them down into solvable pieces, and match them with Blue State’ teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their business challenges and translating them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organizations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome. We value new approaches and perspectives and it's our priority to make space for your growth and development. If you want to advance your career by working with clients facing diverse challenges across a variety of industries, this is the place for you.
- Coordinate delivery across multiple client accounts, driving the best strategy and/or execution to meet clients’ needs in an agile and responsive way
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Coordinate and monitor the work of internal delivery teams to complete tasks on time and within budget
- Contribute to the production, delivery and QA of emails, social media content, and web pages
- Plan, schedule and estimate costs of new and existing business
- Draft client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans, and other internal or client-facing materials
- Blue State’s various offerings and identify opportunities to add value and support clients needs as they expand or change
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in tech and digital organizing - inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with clients
Our Accounts and Project Management Team is at the heart of everything we do. Our charge is to take complex problems and break them down into solvable pieces. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
Top things we're looking for
- 3+ years of relevant experience in client services, digital marketing, fundraising or a related area
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you.
- Teamwork and scrappiness required. You are adaptable, curious, and always looking for ways to make things more efficient.
- Whether it is Slack, Zoom, or email, you are a clear and responsive communicator. You approach communication with empathy and respect. You manage your time well and are excited to dive into multiple projects at once.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project.
- The ability to act as a role model at Blue State and embody our working agreements.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.