Paid Media Buyer / Strategist
Develop and execute game-changing media strategies that tie engagement to the bottom line. As a Paid Media Buyer / Strategist, you'll be charged with developing and implementing paid digital media strategies as well as managing the execution of paid media campaigns across clients ranging from nonprofits to advocacy group to major brands (and everything in between).
You will be equally strategic, creative, and analytical. Switching seamlessly from a client presentation, to writing an insightful analysis of campaign performance, and rolling up your sleeves to launch new creative is no big deal for you. CPMs, Facebook Business Manager, DSPs, CPAs and dashboards are a few examples of words you use on a regular basis.
You will use your depth of paid media experience to inform your work but also tap into your digital curiosity and passion for innovation to bring new ideas and thinking to the team.
- Develop media plans and recommendations: for a range of assigned clients, across direct response performance media, as well as awareness and engagement objectives. Forecast and size likely campaign and ongoing media strategy achievement across channels and audiences.
- Analyse client existing or historic performance: identifying opportunities, making recommendations for improvement and generating insights to drive creative direction or future optimisation opportunities.
- Have a strong POV on measurement, performance and required tracking: applying it to strategic recommendations and ongoing campaign management.
- Manage and optimise media campaigns across multiple platforms: predominantly through Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and Marketing Platform (formerly Adwords and DoubleClick Manager), and social channels such as Twitter and Linkedin, etc. Other channels and platforms are desirable.
- Participate (and sometimes lead) client-facing interactions: related to paid media, from video calls to in person meetings to presentations.
- Work collaboratively with other internal or external teams: be it strategists, account directors, designers or analysts to produce campaigns, creative ideas, audience segmentation, and develop innovation opportunities.
- Be a thought leader and help keep us up to date with latest digital media trends: stewarding and building relationships with media partners, and making test and learn recommendations for company and client specific use.
As part of the Media team, you’ll work closely with a cross-disciplinary group of Blue State employees on various projects. London is a small and close-knit team, where everyone has an opportunity to shape new approaches, grow and learn from their colleagues, and take advantage of a personal development fund to stretch their skills even further. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most inspiring charities, ambitious brands and passionate advocacy and social change campaigns.
Once Blue State offices reopen, on-site presence is strongly preferred at a minimum of two to three days a week. To enter our London office or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must self-administer a rapid test prior to attending.
Top things we’re looking for
- 3-5 years experience in a hands-on paid media planning and buying role using a mix of digital channels (Social, Search, Programmatic, Video, etc) - with preference to experience in executing, managing, and reporting on media campaigns with a mix of objectives/goals.
- Ability to translate client business goals into cohesive, articulate, and insight driven media strategy and tactical media plans and effectively manage multiple clients and projects on time, within budget, and meet performance goals.
- High proficiency with top digital advertising self-service platforms including Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Ads and Marketing Platform (formerly Adwords and DoubleClick Manager), as well as Google Analytics and other measurements platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail, especially with regards to campaign QA, asset loading, tracking and reporting.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for delivering change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- A testing evangelist - no result is ever a problem as long as we can learn and improve in future.
- Humble in victory, constructive in defeat. We champion and expect empathy, communication, collaboration, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State both internally and externally
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — across ethnicities, genders, religious backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, immigration statues, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply for this role. Even if you don’t feel like your current skill set checks every box, if you’re committed to learning and doing work that matters we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in five offices around the world.