Paid Media Fellow
“Give passion to your work and help out some great causes along the way.”
What to know
The Blue State fellowship is a 6-month intensive training program. Through mentorship and hands-on client experiences, you’ll learn the skills to pursue a career at a creative agency or nonprofit, on a political campaign, or continuing at Blue State as an associate employee.
As a fellow, you’ll develop expertise in a primary and a secondary focus area. This fellowship offers a primary focus in paid media, but you will also be able to pursue a complementary secondary focus.
What to expect
During this fellowship, you’ll gain first-hand experience with the ins and outs of digital advertising and learn how we sue advertising to solve complex problems and connect great organizations with their supporters. You will do substantive work on a variety of projects, gain expertise in a wide range of advertising platforms, and collaborate with a cross-disciplinary set of Blue State colleagues.
In this role, you’ll learn about the processes and tasks required to plan, buy, and manage a digital media campaign. On a typical day you might assist with researching and identifying the target audiences for a client, launch a new campaign on Facebook, meet with vendors to learn about new developments in the space, gather and analyze data for a campaign performance report, and or brainstorm strategies and tactics for a new client initiative.
But regardless of the day you will work with amazing people, ask loads of questions and develop the skills and experience needed to jumpstart a career in paid media!
What you’re looking for
- Purpose. Do meaningful work that matters.
- Growth. Jumpstart your career at a place that rewards curiosity and creative thinking, and offers the possibility of growing into a full-time role.
- Competitive pay. Know your worth and receive fair pay for your labor.
- Mentorship. Work with mentors who are invested in your success, providing continuous feedback, and helping you grow the way you want.
- Diversity. Join a diverse, inclusive community made up of people from all walks of life and grounded in mutual respect, compassion, and learning.
- Versatility. Build up your skills in managing projects and supporting client teams, while learning about a secondary area of focus.
- Teamwork. Integrate with project teams from the start, working closely with and learning from teammates across disciplines — designers, analysts, writers, and many more.
Top things we’re looking for
- You’re curious about the digital advertising landscape and want to learn how to use advertising to connect people and organizations.
- You have basic skills in project management and a proactive approach to keeping yourself and others well organized.
- You are adaptable, curious, and always looking for ways to make things more efficient.
- You enjoy helping a team get good work done on time.
- You have a passion for cause-based work and promoting progressive values.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- You approach communication with empathy and respect. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- You manage your time well and are excited to dive into multiple projects at once.
- You want to grow your interest in digital marketing and/or the work of consulting.
- You are communicative and unafraid to advocate for great ideas.
Not sure if you are qualified for this role? We'd love it if you applied anyway!
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities, and people at all the intersections in between — to apply to work with us. Even if you don’t feel like your current skill set checks every box, a commitment to learning and doing work that matters makes a difference, and we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume through our application and also include 2 short statements (approximately 300 words or less) based on the prompts below:
- At Blue State, we’re motivated by a few things in life: progress, empowerment, and people. Tell us your story and what shaped you into who you are and what you value.
- Why are you interested in working at Blue State and what do you hope to learn?
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action. With clients including the AARP, Google, UNICEF, JDRF, and Colgate. Blue State cultivates communities, builds platforms, and transforms how organizations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees across five offices.