Blue State is a full-service agency at the forefront of digital campaigning. We are looking for a Law Clerk to join us part-time for the Summer. The Law Clerk reports to the General Counsel and interacts with the Executive, Accounts, Partnerships, HR, Finance, Operations, Technology, and IT teams on administrative and legal research tasks to mitigate risk, strengthen Blue State’s legal position, and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. They assist with redlining contracts, preparing proposals and government submissions, drafting internal policies and procedures, and maintaining various filings and licenses.
Top things we’re looking for
- Currently enrolled as a second or third year law student
- Interest in working in IP, data protection and technology sectors, and excited about gaining transactional experience.
- Previous exposure to politics, the nonprofit sector, or a related area preferred but not required.
- Highly organized and meticulous.
- Comfort with autonomy and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who demonstrates professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- Curious, collaborative, and all-around team player
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet and communicate with those around you.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.