Help us drive real change for real people, by monitoring and improving results across paid digital media, email campaigns and web optimisation. Work with an inspiring mix of clients from international NGOs and UN bodies to brands. As a Digital Analyst, you will:
- Collect and analyse data for your client portfolio, including but not limited to: paid media performance (including paid search, social media advertising, programmatic video and display), web traffic and user behavior, and email marketing.
- Analyse customer and supporter trends such as retention rates, long-term and life-time value and other metrics that will help inform acquisition, development and growth strategies.
- Identify key performance indicators, plan measurement strategies, set performance benchmarks and craft reports with data integrity.
- Create and edit reporting dashboards into useful tools that synthesise different metrics and provide relevant snapshots of campaign and programme performance.
- Analyse primary research data, such as survey results and social listening data to glean insights and learnings relevant to our clients.
- Transform your analysis into data and insight narratives to make actionable optimisations and inform the bigger strategy.
- Develop effective and persuasive presentations and memos demonstrating the value of our work for client teams. Confidently present the content of these documents to both internal and external teams.
As part of the London Strategy & Insights team and the global Analytics team, you’ll work closely with a cross-disciplinary group of Blue State employee's on various projects. London is a small and close-knit team, where everyone has an opportunity to shape new approaches, grow and learn from their colleagues, and take advantage of a personal development fund to stretch their skills even further.
The Analytics team is the backbone of our agency, supporting efforts and people that span paid media, strategy and our content & campaigns team. So, if you geek out over data, want to develop groundbreaking digital campaigns that will inspire and affect change, and work with people who are talented at and passionate about what they do, then let’s talk!
Once Blue State offices reopen, on-site presence is strongly preferred at a minimum of two to three days a week. To enter our London office or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must self-administer a rapid test prior to attending.
The top things we're looking for
3+ years of experience in digital analytics with direct experience working with a direct response or fundraising campaigns, with an emphasis on acquisition and optimisation of results and ROI.
A curious, organised, methodical, and proactive mind. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone. And you can explain your work clearly both in person and in writing with strong communication skills. Data analysis skills in Excel or Google Sheets are essential.
Knowledge of paid media analytics, with experience of working with data from paid search, paid social and programmatic display. Experience with dashboarding and reporting using solutions such as Google Data Studio, Google Cloud / Google Big Query, and other connectors and API solutions (Supermetrics, Stitch, DBT, Fracture, etc) a significant advantage.
Experience with web analytics suites such as Google Analytics. Experience with A/B testing solutions such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience with statistical methods (significance testing, regression analysis, etc) and/or any programming languages (such as SQL, R or Python) is desirable. If you’re keen but haven’t had the opportunity, we will be happy to train you!
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action and drive create real change. With clients including the UNHCR, Google, Amnesty International, UNICEF, Medicines Sans Frontiers (MSF) and Oxfam, Blue State cultivates and mobilises communities, raises money and influences policy, builds platforms, and transforms how organisations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees across five offices.