Work with bold causes and impactful campaigns.
Work with an inspiring mix of clients from enterprise nonprofits to advocacy organizations. As a Senior Analyst in Fundraising Strategy, you will:
- Collect and analyze data to serve the needs of your client portfolio, including but not limited to: web traffic and user behavior, email messaging statistics, paid media performance, and social media trends
- Transform your analysis observations into insights and actionable strategic recommendations for communication programs
- Work collaboratively with a cross-disciplined team of creative directors, copywriters, designers, strategists, and account managers as a leader in your craft on client engagements
- Plan measurement strategies for key performance indicators, develop and execute testing plans, and monitor existing properties to ensure all tracking and data collection works properly
- Develop effective and persuasive presentations, dashboards, and memos demonstrating the value of our work for client teams, business development, and partners
The Analytics team is the backbone of our agency, supporting efforts and people that span web development, email, social media, design, and paid media. So, if you geek out over data, want to develop groundbreaking digital campaigns that will inspire and affect change, and work with people who are talented at and passionate about what they do, then let’s talk!
The top things we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in digital analytics with direct experience working with a web analytics suite such as Google Analytics or Omniture, A/B testing solutions such as Optimizely (or equivalent), and data analysis in Excel or Google Sheets. Experience in email marketing with fundraising, advocacy, or ecommerce strongly preferred.
- You can take a step back to see the bigger implications of your analysis work and lead program strategy. Beyond data observations, you have client presentation experience crafting the data and insights story to arrive at a strategy.
- A curious, organized, methodical, and proactive mind. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone. To assist, you are proficient in quantitative/statistical methodologies + you dabble in programming with experience in SQL or similar.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results across clients including UNICEF USA, Amnesty International, Google, Colgate, AARP, Planned Parenthood and many others. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.