Contract Media Strategist
As the Contract Media Strategist (Remote), you'll be charged with supporting the development of paid media strategies as well as managing the execution of paid media campaigns across clients ranging from nonprofits to advocacy groups to major brands (and everything in between). You are equally strategic, creative, and analytical. You’re happiest when switching seamlessly from advertising platforms to writing insightful analyses of campaign performance. You will use your paid media experience to inform your day-to-day, but will also tap into your curiosity and passion for innovation and help bring new ideas and thinking to the team and to our clients.
Things you will be responsible
- Serve as digital advertising execution and management support across a variety of clients.
- Provide a strong internal POV on the latest paid media trends as they relate to acquisition, fundraising, and other direct response objectives.
- Coordinate with and across internal teams (e.g. strategy, analytics, creative, etc.) to execute multi-channel paid advertising campaigns.
- Work with key media partners to develop unique opportunities and/or identify key initiatives for potential campaigns.
- Develop, implement, optimize, and report on your client campaigns.
- Lead and participate in internal communications including regular calls and meetings, planning sessions.
You’ll work closely with a cross-disciplinary group of colleagues on a variety of tasks to advance agency practices while leading your paid media colleagues across offices. We’re passionate, geeky, and care about our clients and their campaigns. Our passion and drive to achieve great results for causes we believe in inspires everything we do.
The top things we're looking for
- BA/BS required; concentration in advertising, marketing, and/or business administration preferred
- 2-4 years of agency, nonprofit, or campaign experience managing paid media with a focus on direct-response marketing goals (ie CPA, ROI, ROAS, etc)
- Masterful understanding of advertising platforms including SEM, social, programmatic, and other emerging media
- Experience analyzing performance data, market research, and industry trends to develop and analyze campaigns
- An understanding of client goals and how they translate into paid media objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask across multiple client campaign while meeting deadlines in a timely matter
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first, and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland, and Chicago.