“Help lead our clients and teams to greatness..”
As an Account Coordinator, you will assist Account Leads in day to day client services activities and serve as a close partner to our clients, understanding their challenges and collaborating with diverse internal teams of strategists, designers, analysts, and more to develop thoughtful solutions and digital programs. You’ll work on creative projects from start to finish, and help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Support Account Leads and SRMs, managing up and providing information as needed
- Coordinate delivery across multiple client accounts, driving the best strategy and/or execution to meet clients’ needs in an agile and responsive way
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Coordinate and monitor the work of internal delivery teams to complete tasks on time and within budget
- Draft client-facing presentations, agendas, timelines, and other internal or client-facing materials
- Have a clear view on the Blue State vision, working closely with new and existing organizations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract
Our Accounts and Project Management Team is at the heart of everything we do. Our charge is to take complex problems and break them down into solvable pieces. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
Top things we’re looking for
- 1-3 yrs of experience in client services, project management or in-house marketing team
- Experience in cross-channel support for fundraising and/or marketing efforts, i.e., social media, mobile, email, or other digital strategies
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- The ability to act as a role model at Blue State and embody our working agreements.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results across clients including UNICEF USA, Amnesty International, Google, Colgate, AARP, Planned Parenthood and many others. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.