"Help us drive real change for real people, by monitoring results and generating insights to improve performance across paid media, web optimization, and email/SMS campaigns"
Work with an inspiring mix of clients from enterprise nonprofits to advocacy organizations. As an Analyst at Blue State, you will
- Collect and analyze data for your client portfolio, including but not limited to: paid media performance, web traffic and user behavior, and email and mobile marketing.
- Analyze customer and supporter trends such as retention rates, long-term and lifetime value and other metrics that will help inform acquisition, development, and growth strategies.
- Identify key performance indicators, plan measurement strategies, set performance benchmarks, and craft reports with data integrity.
- Analyze primary research data, such as survey results and CRM data, to glean insights and learnings relevant to our client.
- Transform your analysis into data and insight narratives to make actionable optimizations and inform the bigger strategy.
- Develop effective and persuasive presentations and memos demonstrating the value of our work for client teams. Effectively present the content of these documents to both internal and external teams.
The Analytics team is the backbone of our agency, supporting efforts and people that span web development, email, social media, design, and paid media. This is a team that challenges the status quo and pushes us all to move toward better results, whether that’s money raised or actions taken or perceptions changed. So, if you geek out over data, want to develop groundbreaking digital campaigns that will inspire and affect change, and work with people who are talented at and passionate about what they do, then let’s talk!
The top things we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience in digital analytics ideally with direct experience working on direct response or fundraising campaigns, with an emphasis on acquisition and optimization of results and ROI.
- An active and engaged collaborator who shares knowledge and asks for help when appropriate. Contributes to a supportive, inclusive, respectful, and productive environment.
- A curious, organized, methodical, and proactive mind. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone. And you have the ability to clearly articulate performance, trends, and opportunities both in person and in writing.
- Experience with basic SQL commands (selects, joins, conditional statements, etc.) and data analysis skills in Excel or Google Sheets are essential.
- Knowledge of paid media analytics, with experience of working with data from paid search, paid social and programmatic display. Experience with dashboarding and reporting using solutions such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, Supermetrics etc an advantage.
- Experience with web analytics suites such as Google Analytics or Omniture is essential.
- Experience with A/B testing solutions such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, or equivalent is desirable.
- Some knowledge in information architecture tools such as BigQuery, dbt Cloud, and GitHub preferred.
- Experience with statistical methods (significance testing, regression analysis, etc) and/or additional programming languages (such as R or Python) is desirable. If you’re keen but haven’t had the opportunity, we welcome those interested in learning as well!
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organisations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. Across clients including UNHCR, Amnesty International, Google, Tesco, Nesta, and Tate. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.