“Help build our clients and teams to greatness...”
As an Account Coordinator, you will assist Account Managers and Directors serving as a close partner to clients helping us to understand their challenges. You’ll collaborate with diverse internal teams of media, comms strategists and designers helping to develop thoughtful solutions and deliver projects.
You’ll work on research, creative and campaign projects from start to finish and be part of a team that turns progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Support the account led in coordinating delivery across multiple client accounts to meet clients’ needs in an agile and responsive way
- Support the account lead in project planning ensuring team members are briefed accurately, on time and in line with the right process
- Work within the tools that help us operate our business and work with clients such as Salesforce and Mavenlink to support on reporting of client projects and business operations
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Contribute to client-facing proposals and memos supporting the team to ensure we produce the best possible end-deliverable
- Help research and support the account lead in new client or business proposals by completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner
- When assigned and appropriate, support the wider team on research, administrative, and office management tasks
Our Accounts and Project Management Team is at the heart of everything we do. Our charge is to take complex problems and break them down into solvable pieces. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new technology, media, tools and social networks. This isn’t just work to us - we love what we do and are passionate about creating a better world for us and our clients.
We don’t have all the answers but we know where to find them - in people. By talking to the audiences we’re seeking to influence, by understanding the clients we partner with and by working together as a collaborative force for good.
Top things we’re looking for
- 1-2 yrs of experience in client services in agency or in-house marketing team
- Experience in fundraising and/or digital marketing efforts, i.e., social media, paid media, email, branding or platforms
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) project management tools and methodologies (such as Basecamp, Trello, Mavenlink)
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and flexibility required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organisations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. Across clients including UNHCR, Amnesty International, Google, Tesco, Nesta, and Tate. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.