Associate HR Generalist
Be a bold champion for company culture.
In this role you will be a positive driver of our company culture, joining an HR team focused on helping Blue State live up to our values through the way we support, develop, acknowledge and engage our people with a focus on equity and inclusion.. You will be a go-to resource for benefits administration and guidance, bringing a personable and confidential approach to the work. You will collaborate with HR and other teams within business operations to effectively onboard and acclimate new people. You will help develop and execute key training programs that further catalyze our high-performance culture. This role is perfect for anyone who is early in their HR career with a particular interest in company culture and diversity, equity & inclusion.
- Provide timely and thoughtful support to employees in response to daily HR inquiries.
- Onboard new employees with a focus on compliance and benefits.
- Benefits administration; an early point of contact for benefits assistance and guidance.
- Help craft and deliver HR communications.
- Ad hoc employee relations and performance management issues.
- Provide guidance on company policies and processes.
- Training development and implementation.
- Partner with the HR team and leadership to drive company culture, support retention and ensure a fulfilling employee experience.
Our global HR team sits at the heart of our company culture. You will join a 3 person team collaborating with Blue Staters across teams, levels, and locations.
Top things we’re looking for
- Ability to connect and collaborate with all levels of employees, executive leadership to individuals just beginning their careers.
- A thorough and empathetic approach to delivering first rate customer service.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills. Strict attention to detail is a must.
- Benefits administration and training experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, if you see something that can be improved, go for it.
- Comfort speaking publicly, communicating on a wide variety of subject matters.
- Passion for diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives preferred, previous experience in the DE&I space a plus.
- Proficiency in Google platform, Google sheets, docs, and/or Microsoft office suite, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of compliance and/or local state law (depending on seniority).
- Experience with or curiosity in working in a unionized environment.
Blue State is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 150 employees in five offices around the world.