Lead clients — and their teams — to greatness.
In this role, you’ll work in our London office to take our clients’ complex problems, break them down into solvable pieces, and match them with Blue State’s teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their business challenges and translating them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organisations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Drive leadership on accounts ensuring you have a clear view of clients’ objectives and organisational context
- Consult with clients on project needs and status, and develop trusted relationships with key client stakeholders
- Lead projects and wider accounts ensuring we’re adding value in work delivered while continually evolving the partnership
- Plan, schedule and estimate costs, managing the day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams - facilitating and leading productive teams and conversations
- Have a clear view on Blue State’s vision, working closely with new and existing organisations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in tech and digital organizing - inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with clients
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
The top things we're looking for
- 5+ years experience in client services, digital marketing, fundraising or a related area
- Experience in selling and leading digitally-driven campaigns designed to mobilise communities or drive behaviour change
- A track record of developing client relationships and growing accounts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet and communicate with those around you.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and set the standard at Blue State
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project
- Confidence to guide clients at a senior, C-suite level
Blue State is a values-led creative and strategic agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State helps grow communities, build campaigns, and transform organisations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 150 employees in fives offices around the world.