Lead clients and our teams to greatness.
We’re a tight-knit group of strategists, technologists, makers and producers across five cities, who partner with forward-thinking organizations to build a better world. We believe there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about.
In this role, you’ll take our clients’ complex challenges, break them down into solvable pieces, and match them with Blue State teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understand their business challenges and translate them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organizations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
- Understand client goals, and serve as the day-to-day guide leading a diverse team toward achieving those goals
- Set the path and drive the best delivery strategy to meet your client’s needs, yet remain agile and responsive to adjust course or tactics as needs change
- Lead projects and wider accounts ensuring the work delivered adds value, while continually developing and evolving the relationship with the client
- Work closely with the operations team to align team structure and staffing with project needs to ensure work is always effectively and efficiently staffed
- Plan, schedule, and estimate costs of managing the day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams - and facilitate good meetings that maximize everyone’s time
- Have a clear view of Blue State’s various offerings and identify opportunities to add value and support clients needs as they expand or change
- Contribute to the production, delivery, and QA of briefs, memos, presentations, emails, social media content, and web pages
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge innovation in tech and digital organizing - to build our overall practice and share our point of view with clients
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools, and social networks. When an organization wants to mobilize people around a common purpose, they come to us.
Top things we’re looking for
- 7+ years experience in account management, social impact, client services, partnerships, digital marketing, fundraising, or a related area of expertise
- Experience in leading online campaigns and/or advocacy initiatives designed to mobilize communities or drive behaviour change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- A collaborative and supportive working style that encourages continuous growth and improvement for teams as well as individuals
- Ability to adapt to new situations, to think on your feet and communicate openly and proactively with those around you.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and help set the standard for how to lead and work together at Blue State
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project
- Confidence to patiently guide clients, including their senior, C-suite leadership
Blue State is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 150 employees in five offices around the world.