“Lead clients — and their teams — to achieve progress and impact.”
In this role, you’ll take our clients’ complex problems, break them down into solvable pieces, and match them with Blue State’s teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their business challenges and translating them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organizations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Drive leadership on accounts ensuring you have a clear view of clients’ objectives and organizational context
- Consult with clients on project needs and status, and develop trusted relationships with key client stakeholders
- Lead projects and wider accounts ensuring we’re adding value in work delivered while continually evolving the client partnership
- Plan, schedule and estimate costs of managing the day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams - facilitating and leading productive teams and conversations
- Work closely with the operations team to align team structure and staffing with project needs to ensure work is always effectively and efficiently staffed
- Have a clear view on Blue State’s offerings, working closely with new and existing organizations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in tech and digital organizing - to build our overall practice and share our point of view with clients
- Act as a role model at Blue State and embody our working agreements.
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
Top things we're looking for
- 5-7 years experience in account management, social impact, client services, partnerships, digital marketing, fundraising, or a related area of expertise
- Experience in leading online campaigns and/or advocacy initiatives designed to mobilize communities or drive behavior change
- A track record of developing client relationships and growing accounts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- A collaborative and supportive working style that encourages continuous growth and improvement for teams as well as individuals
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet and communicate with those around you.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and set the standard for how to lead and work together at Blue State
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project
- Confidence to guide clients at a senior, C-suite level
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $80,250; compensation is otherwise commensurate with experience.
Blue State is a values-led creative and strategic agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State helps grow communities, build campaigns, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.