What to know
Lead clients — and their teams — to achieve progress and impact. In this role, you’ll work in our London office to take our clients’ complex problems, break them down into solvable pieces, and match them with Blue State’s teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their business challenges and translating them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organisations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action and drive create real change. With clients including the UNHCR, Google, Amnesty International, UNICEF, Medicines Sans Frontiers (MSF) and Oxfam, Blue State cultivates and mobilises communities, raises money and influences policy, builds platforms, and transforms how organisations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees in London and the US.
A day in the life
- Drive leadership on accounts ensuring you have a clear view of clients’ objectives and organisational context.
- Consult with clients on project needs and status, and develop trusted relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Lead projects and wider accounts ensuring we’re adding value in work delivered while continually evolving the partnership.
- Plan, schedule and estimate costs, managing the day-to-day running of delivery teams ranging from strategy, creative, media, tech & analytics - facilitating and leading productive teams and conversations.
- Have a clear view on Blue State’s vision, working closely with new and existing organisations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract.
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in digital, marketing communications and the wider industry - inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with clients.
- Developing proposals (technical and financial) for existing and new clients, working closely with Senior Account team member
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our expert teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds (local equivalent)
- Fully subsidised health and dental insurance for employees (subject to tax)
- Generous pension match via salary sacrifice
- Parental leave policy for up to 32.5 week of coverage at full pay, inclusive of all genders and supporting a range of family structures
- Group Income Protection (GIP)
- Group Life Assurance (GLA)
- Optional holiday travel insurance
- Pre-tax season ticket loans
- Cycle to work (up to £2000)
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model, with presence in our office required at two days per week. To enter our London office or attend Blue State events, staff are required to submit a self-administered lateral flow test prior to attending.
Some things we're looking for
- 5+ years experience in client services, digital marketing, fundraising or a related area.
- Experience in selling and leading digitally-driven campaigns, strategy or product
- Interest in projects designed to mobilise communities or drive behaviour change.
- A track record of developing client relationships and growing accounts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail.
- Teamwork and a willingness to get stuck in.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet and communicate with those around you.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and set the standard at Blue State.
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project.
- Confidence to guide clients at a senior level.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: Accommodation Request to get started.