Revenue Operations Manager (Contract to Perm)
Oversee day to day operations to keep our business running smoothly. In this role, you’ll serve as the keeper of our day to day operational processes from revenue management to project staffing – ensuring all processes are followed consistently throughout the organization and finding ways to improve processes as the business evolves. You’ll be a people manager within the People Operations team, leading and mentoring the business and operations analysts, who synthesize the data and the knowledge of our staff to make informed business solutions that not only brings out the best in our organization but also for our people.
You will be responsible for analyzing data and presenting findings to leadership, grounded in a people-first approach. We are looking for someone who is good with the numbers and also able to apply them to solutions that fit our business needs. This role is the keeper of our internal systems and processes related to project staffing and revenue management, and seeks ways to increase efficiencies and productivity - always through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion. You also possess strong communication skills - being able to engage with staff across all levels and discipline, with the goal to engender trust to move our work forward. As a manager, you are able to clearly communicate expectations, buoy team morale, facilitate knowledge sharing and improve performance of your reports through empathy, mentorship, and accountability.
You will report to the Head of Inclusion and People Operations, as well as work closely with the rest of our Executive team and various members of senior leadership in a fast paced environment; facilitating clear communication in order to allow stakeholders to problem solve business challenges.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Manage Business/Operations Analysts: conducting regular 1:1s with team members to craft goals and professional development plans, provide regular feedback and guidance as issues arise, address training and onboarding needs, and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Oversee revenue tracking and our Month Close process, bridging between our agency teams and our finance teams.
- Oversee operational internal processes and conduct new hire onboarding training sessions to introduce Blue State’s operational processes
- Provide support for the Business/Operations Analysts in resolving data inaccuracies.
- Identify and implement ways to optimize how Blue State utilizes internal systems across discipline and project workflows (i.e. resource management, task management, optimizing integrations); partnering with stakeholders to adapt as the business evolves - transforming your analysis and observations into insights and actionable strategic recommendations for the business.
- Lead utilization and project profitability meetings; partnering with Business/Operations Analysts to ensure reporting data accuracy and partnering with Resource Manager to identify project staffing trends.
- Partner with the Head of Inclusion & People Ops on internal initiatives and improvements to ensure DEI standards are embedded into our processes.
- Oversee our Quarterly Business Planning process in partnership with our managing directors across our 5 offices.
The People Operations team is the foundation of Blue State; we work closely with all staff at all levels across all five offices to keep the business grounded in what we value most - its people. The People Operations team is responsible for recruitment, hiring, resource management, and revenue management with diversity, equity, and inclusion considered at every point. The team brings together the people, the data and the work to help Blue State be a people-first business.
Once Blue State offices reopen, on-site presence is strongly preferred at a minimum of two days a week. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Top things we're looking for
- 4+ years in Business Operations - understanding how a business operates and adapting workflows and processes to solve business challenges and growth.
- Experience with revenue tracking, business financial forecasting and budgets (with trend reporting), and operational and project workflows. Experience in resource planning is a plus.
- Strong interest and aptitude for people management and mentorship.
- Experience with stakeholder management (internal or external) - with experience managing upward and downward with patience and understanding; the ability to see a problem from all sides.
- Solution-oriented thinker - you enjoy taking complex problems and breaking it down into its elements to ensure forward movement.
- Adept at adopting and managing a variety of communication channels simultaneously (via Slack, Email, Zoom, etc) - an experienced and responsive communicator.
- Experience working in a project management software (Mavenlink experience a plus!).
- A collaborative and supportive working style that encourages continuous growth and improvement for teams as well as individuals.
- Empathy, respect, and a strong interest in Blue State’s values.
- Curiosity and pro-activity, with a willingness to learn and adapt to new processes.
- Proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in five offices around the world.