Senior Project Manager
Run digital projects transforming the way people engage. As Senior Project Manager, you’ll jump right in, interacting with clients, mentoring and/or managing members of the project management team, collaborating with diverse teams of UXers, Designers, Strategists, and Developers, leading technical projects from start to finish. You’ll help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
Day-to-day you will:
- Understand client goals, and serve as the day-to-day guide leading a diverse team toward achieving those goals
- Serve as a direct line manager and/or mentor for project managers supporting them in their day to day work, the project management discipline, and overall professional growth at Blue State
- Plan, schedule, and estimate costs of managing the day-to-day running of website and platform development projects - and facilitate good meetings that maximize everyone’s time
- Work with teams to define product specifications and functional requirements
- Manage client relationships and coordinate internal creative and delivery teams
- Lead projects ensuring the work delivered adds value, while continually developing and evolving the relationship with the client
- Work closely with the operations team to align team structure and staffing with project needs to ensure work is always effectively and efficiently staffed
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Manage multiple website projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Minimize exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and client to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Lead post project assessments and make recommendations for future projects or project optimization
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge innovation in tech and digital organizing - to build our overall practice and share our point of view with clients
- Support the VP of Project Management in ensuring our processes are documented and implemented seamlessly across projects (technical and non-technical) and across offices.
You’ll be a part of our global Project Management team working on website development projects across offices. You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team of Account Leads, Designers, Developers, Strategists, and other creative folks to get the job done.
Once Blue State offices reopen, on-site presence is strongly preferred at a minimum of two days a week. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The top things we're looking for
- 5+ of professional experience as a project manager with experience with complex, technical builds and website development projects, specifically Wordpress or Drupal builds
- Experience managing other project managers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with product development and/or full lifecycle development experience.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, to think on your feet and communicate openly and proactively with those around you.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and help set the standard for how to lead and work together at Blue State
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project
- Confidence to patiently guide clients, including their senior, C-suite leadership
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.