Contract Project Manager
At Blue State, Project Managers are integral to business delivery helping organise projects that make us tick. Working with the London leadership and account team, you’ll steer delivery on our new global multi-year media account.
Internally you’ll be the trusted voice guiding day-to-day delivery, translating client briefs into inspiring, clear project plans, monitoring progress against milestones, and being the last word in quality assurance - all while managing opportunities and challenges should they arise. You’ll help ensure we’re equipped internally, organising and briefing the right resources, forecasting and reconciling revenue to maintain client financial health.
Ideally you’ll have an interest or passion for the charity industry and a desire to learn more about digital, fundraising and creative in the non-profit world.
You’ll also gain the trust and partnership of the global client manager, understanding their wants, needs, and communicating clearly: whether that’s about profitability, future challenges and priorities or helping the day to day run seamlessly.
Manage a large international client with multiple projects
- Day to day contact across time zones working with client projects manager(s) and partner agencies in Asia and Africa
- Support Managing Director and Account Director(s) in managing client relationships and coordination of internal creative and delivery teams
- Own status reporting and communications across clients
- Manage operational aspects of projects, including communication of client needs to team and vice versa
- Scope, define, estimate and manage budgets and/or timelines for new and existing projects
- Manage, track and reconcile media budgets
- Manage process & track all SoWs & POs Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Minimise exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and client to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Lead post project assessments and make recommendations for future projects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
Manage a medium size tech project for an organisation
- Day to day client lead partnering with UX and Design
- Able to effectively escalate issues and risks to the Senior Relationship Manager (SRM) and Managing Director where required
- Own status reporting and communications across client
- Scope, define, estimate and manage budgets and/or timelines for new and existing project
- Manage, track and reconcile budget
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our strategy and creative teams.
Top things we're looking for
- 3+ years professional experience as a project manager with experience in digital and media
- A keen interest in a values-led business that puts its honesty, its mission and purpose above profit
- Experience with agency operations including resourcing, revenue forecasting and recognition
- Good with excel/Google Sheet and business planning
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment while maintaining a sense of perspective
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State
Once Blue State offices reopen, on-site presence is strongly preferred at a minimum of two days a week. To enter our London office or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must self-administer a rapid test prior to attending.
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action and drive create real change. With clients including the AARP, Google, Amnesty International, UNICEF, Doctors Without Borders, and Colgate, Blue State cultivates and mobilizes communities, raises money and influences policy, builds platforms, and transforms how organizations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees across five offices.