“Fix all the things.”
Blue State is looking for an ambitious IT Support Engineer to help assist in running our day-to-day technology operations, with a focus on providing technical assistance to our employees. This position is based out of our NYC office.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various technologies managed by the IT department. This person will focus on the administration and support of Blue State infrastructure to include MacOS & Windows workstations, Cloud Servers, network equipment, and software applications as well as VoIP telephone systems and Internet connectivity.
- Solve end user issues quickly and efficiently, with a strong emphasis on providing a great service experience throughout the issue resolution process
- Create and maintain documentation of IT procedures and policies
- Installing, configuring, and mentoring end users on agency-approved software
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources
- Maintain and coordinate regular IT training sessions with new employees
- Train users on how to identify phishing threats, and maintain our internal phish testing system
- Assist in improving existing IT automation tools and workflows, such as system imaging, software deployment
- Create, maintain and update MacOS system images for deployment
- Removal of Adware, Spyware, and Viruses in accordance with IT Policies
- Coordinate with the HR staff to set up accounts and workstations for new personnel
- Responding to tickets, and maintaining ticket system and service notes to identify chronic problem areas and measure services effectiveness
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required
We are an agile team with a can-do attitude where top-notch service in supporting our coworkers comes first. You will be joining our IT Team in supporting Blue State Digital’s 6 offices.
Top things we’re looking for
- 4 year college degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Industry certifications a plus
- At least 2 years of Mac & Windows help desk experience or 3+ years in Apple Retail working as a Genius
- Knowledge of Windows and MacOS environments required. Experience with O365, Google Apps, Jira / Confluence, Slack, Zoom, Kandji, and SolarWinds Web Help Desk (or similar ticketing systems) preferred
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot and communicate technical issues to non-technical employees a must
- Friendly, service-oriented attitude and ability to self-manage and tackle organizational problems independently
- Ability to travel as-needed to our other offices in Washington DC, Oakland, and London
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities, and people at all the intersections in between — to apply.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $68,250; compensation is otherwise commensurate with experience.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. Across clients including UNHCR, Amnesty International, Google, Tesco, Nesta, and Tate. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.