Senior Account Director
What to know
Lead clients — and their teams — to greatness. As a Senior Account Director, you’ll take our clients’ complex problems, breaking them down into solvable pieces, and matching them with Blue State's teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their business challenges and translating them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organizations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in the US and London.
A day in the life
- Serve in a key leadership role on client engagements as a strategic partner to both clients and internal project teams. Ensuring our project teams have a clear view of client and program objectives, helping to determine the best path forward to meet those objectives (in coordination with subject matter experts), and holding the client and the project team accountable as we deliver against those objectives.
- Respond to regularly evolving client needs with updated recommendations around engagement and tactics.
- Consult with clients on project needs and status, ensure expectations are set and met, ensure we’re adding value in work delivered, develop trusted relationships with key client stakeholders, and leverage client satisfaction into future opportunities and partnership growth
- Ensure successful program and project management, including planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and delivery oversight including day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams (and/or oversight of project coordinators, account managers, project managers or account directors doing the same)
- Work closely with team leadership and the operations team to align team structure and staffing with project needs to ensure work is always effectively and efficiently staffed
- Have a clear view on Blue State's vision, working closely with new and existing organizations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in the intersection of technology, strategy, creative, and fundraising - to build our overall practice and share our point of view with clients
- Act as a role model at Blue State and embody our working agreements
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- 401K & employer match
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- 12-week fully-paid parental leave for all parents-to-be
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model. On-site presence is strongly encouraged on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for US staff who are within commuting distance of the BK or DC office. Managers retain discretion to require in-person attendance for folks on their discipline or client teams as necessary, including for those whose roles require them to be in person. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The salary range for this position is $101,000-$120,000; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Some things we're looking for
- 8+ years experience in client services, digital marketing, fundraising or a related area
- Experience in selling and leading digitally-driven campaigns and/or advocacy projects designed to mobilize communities or drive behavior change
- Knowledge of email and direct marketing fundraising strategies and tactics and/or experience in selling and/or delivering email fundraising programs
- Experience in cross channel support for fundraising efforts i.e. social media, mobile, or other digital strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new situations and communicate effectively in both conversation and writing with those around you
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and set the standard at Blue State
- Experience and/ or interest guiding clients at a senior, C-suite level in building consensus and strategic planning
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: Accommodation Request to get started.