“Design for a better world.”
As a designer, you will craft beautiful, effective, and innovative experiences across web, mobile, email, and social. Working with a mix of nonprofits, brands, and causes, you will build cohesive, action-oriented campaigns, crafting responsive websites and brands, and engaging audiences with compelling visual storytelling. You’ll work on an interdisciplinary team of strategists, writers, analysts, web developers, creative directors, and clients.
- Provide design support for (and sometimes lead) a range of visual design deliverables including but not limited to: email and share graphics supporting fundraising and brand communications, rapid response/rebuttal designs and other time-sensitive deliverables, small responsive microsites, landing pages, online advertising campaigns, memos, and decks.
- Collaborate with strategists and creative directors in the development of creative solutions; present and explain designs to internal team; collaborate and iterate based on feedback.
- Consistently aspire to ever better creative quality and growth within the global design team, through regular team crits and work sessions.
- Stay up to date on technology and design best practices and trends to keep our work and team ahead of the curve.
Designers at Blue State are curious, passionate, and eager to collaborate across disciplines. They’re thoroughly immersed in the field of design and are able to work quickly, autonomously, and with polish. They understand how to use design to provoke action, aid in understanding, and clarify information.
Top things we're looking for
- Flexible skills: We’re looking for a versatile design aesthetic, and brilliant examples of how to reach and active audiences across different styles and platforms online. Prior experience in Figma and After Effects is preferred.
- Proven track record: 3+ years of professional digital design experience. Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while juggling multiple projects.
- Thoughtful: Strong conceptual and strategic thinking, as well as an advanced understanding of how your work fits into a whole vision. Humble in victory, tenacious in defeat.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.