Senior Account Director
Lead clients — and their teams — to greatness
In this role, you’ll work in our DC office taking our clients’ complex problems, breaking them down into solvable pieces, and matching them with Blue State's teams and expertise. You’ll serve as a close partner to key clients, instinctively understanding their business challenges and translating them into briefs that inspire our strategy and delivery teams. You’ll lead and facilitate smart conversations with a variety of organizations, challenging their thinking to ensure we deliver the best possible outcome. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Drive leadership on accounts ensuring you have a clear view of clients’ objectives, set and continue to drive the best delivery to meet their needs and are agile and responsive in changing tasks as required
- Consult with clients on project needs and status, ensure expectations are set and met, develop trusted relationships with key client stakeholders, and leverage client satisfaction into future opportunities
- Lead projects and wider accounts ensuring we’re adding value in work delivered while continually evolving the partnership
- Ensure successful program and project management, including planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and delivery oversight including day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams
- Work closely with the operations team to align team structure and staffing with project needs to ensure work is always effectively and efficiently staffed
- Have a clear view on Blue State's vision, working closely with new and existing organizations to help them understand the value we can add and potential opportunities to work together from first contact to contract
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge developments taking place in tech and digital organizing - to build our overall practice and share our point of view with clients
- Act as a role model at Blue State and embody our working agreements
At Blue State, our accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. We relish the challenges that have never been solved. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative teams. We are intensely curious and love new digital platforms, tools and social networks. Our energy and our passion is contagious.
The top things we're looking for
- 8+ years experience in client services, digital marketing, fundraising or a related area
- Experience in selling and leading digitally-driven campaigns and/or advocacy projects designed to mobilize communities or drive behaviour change
- Deep knowledge of email and direct marketing fundraising strategies and tactics and/or experience in selling and/or delivering email fundraising programs
- Experience in cross channel support for fundraising efforts i.e. social media, mobile, or other digital strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Teamwork and scrappiness required
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet and communicate with those around you
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and set the standard at Blue State
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project
- Confidence to guide clients at a senior, C-suite level
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.