Lead our clients — and our teams — to greatness
As a Vice President you will be leading cross-disciplinary teams to create and implement digital strategies with our unique client mix across the non-profit, political/advocacy, and brand space. You will manage a significant portion of our business and Accounts team, with a focus on setting strategic growth plans for our client businesses and a vision for evolving our Account Management craft at Blue State. You’ll be working with clients to build membership; raise funds; drive public awareness and advocacy for causes and candidates; and build products and platforms to these ends.
This is also an opportunity to be a part of the leadership team in our DC office, including responsibility for the operational, cultural, strategic, technical, and creative progress of the office and at large.
- Manage a significant portion of our DC business and Accounts team, setting strategic growth plans for our client businesses.
- Serve as a senior point of contact for a portfolio of clients, ensure that expectations are set and met, and leverage client satisfaction into future opportunities.
- Ensure successful program and project management, including planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and delivery oversight.
- Provide technical, creative, and/or strategic oversight across all of our offerings and disciplines teams to ensure the highest quality work product.
- Develop strategies that address client objectives; develop tactics that further those strategies; and develop action-oriented planning and working documents and other communications that express those strategic and tactical ideas clearly and convincingly. Write and produce client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans, and other materials, both independently and in collaboration with other Blue State employees and representatives.
- Provide support in targeting, pursuing, and closing engagements with new clients by presenting the capabilities of Blue State accurately and compellingly and helping to make the case for retaining Blue State.
- Focus on the continued development of the Account Management craft at Blue State, with direct management of a portion of the Accounts Team; mentor staff across teams and levels.
Our Accounts team is at the heart of everything we do. Our charge is to take complex problems and break them down into solvable pieces. We are close partners with our clients and the face of Blue State to prospective clients. We help clients and prospects see opportunities more clearly and we help Blue State understand the challenges our clients face.
Top things we’re looking for
- 10+ years experience in client services, digital marketing, fundraising or a related area
- Experience in selling and leading digitally-driven campaigns and/or advocacy projects designed to mobilize communities or drive behaviour change
- Deep knowledge of email and direct marketing fundraising strategies and tactics and/or experience in selling and/or delivering email fundraising programs
- Some technical experience or the necessary facility and willingness to learn, in order to be able to communicate clearly and accurately about Blue State’s products and capabilities.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, think on your feet, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model amd set the standard at Blue State.
- Confidence to guide clients at a senior, C-suite level
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.