“Design for a better world.”
As a Contract Designer, you will craft beautiful, effective, and innovative experiences across web, mobile, email, and social. Working with a mix of nonprofits, brands, and causes, you will build cohesive, action-oriented campaigns, crafting responsive websites and brands, and engaging audiences with compelling visual storytelling. You’ll work on an interdisciplinary team of strategists, writers, analysts, web developers, creative directors, and clients.
- Support the visual design of a wide range of digital projects – including email/social fundraising campaigns, responsive websites, and identity design.
- Collaborate with strategists and creative directors in the development of creative solutions; present and explain designs to internal team; collaborate and iterate based on feedback.
Designers at Blue State are curious, passionate, and eager to collaborate across disciplines. They’re thoroughly immersed in the field of design and are able to work quickly, autonomously, and with polish. They understand how to use design to provoke action, aid in understanding, and clarify information.
Top things we're looking for
- 3+ years of professional digital design experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma (AfterEffects is a plus!)
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while juggling multiple projects.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking, as well as an advanced understanding of how your work fits into a whole vision.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.