Contract UX Designer
“Offer innovative and intuitive experience design thinking to a diverse set of clients, from small nonprofits and political campaigns to fortune 500 companies”
Blue State, a creative strategy and tech agency, seeks a freelance UX designer and strategist Applicants should have experience in user research and designing innovative, elegant experiences that meet user needs and drive measurable results for organizations. We’re looking for creative thinkers who are excited by the opportunity to solve complex problems for clients and who can present solutions clearly and articulately. Experience with content strategy, web development, data visualization, visual design, usability testing, content creation, SEO, web analytics, or social media is a plus.
- Lead the strategy, information architecture and user experience design for websites, from kickoff to user research and through the development of sitemap, wireframes and/or prototypes.
- Participate in collaborative workshops and co-design activities to iterate with clients and users, quickly arriving at design solutions
- Lead discovery activities, including competitive analysis, content and site audits, and qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Structure and execute user-centered research, including user interviews, usability testing, survey creation and analyses, card sorting and tree testing.
- Synthesize and present research findings through user personas, user journeys, experience maps, and feature requirements documentation
- Create innovative and intuitive design frameworks articulated through wireframes, sitemaps, and clickable prototypes.
- Work closely with visual designers, strategists and developers throughout the design process, from concept to launch.
You’ll be part of a team of UX designers where each member is a huge contributor to the projects they lead. We value a strong aesthetic point of view, a desire to experiment with new trends and technologies, a willingness to push the boundaries of UX, and a good sense of humor. We offer a culture that will support and encourage your ambitions to build on your UX expertise and take creative chances.
Top things we're looking for
We’re looking for strategic thinkers who are excited by opportunities to solve complex problems for clients and who can present solutions clearly and articulately.
- 3+ years prior work experience in a related role
- A portfolio exhibiting your UX strategy and design skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to express abstract concepts in concrete ways
- Methodical, problem-solving mindset and attention to detail
- Self-starting and flexible; with an ability to work independently
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and a commitment to constant iteration and improvement
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.