Senior Project Manager
"Run digital projects transforming the way people engage."
As Senior Project Manager, you’ll jump right in, interacting with clients, collaborating with diverse teams of UXers, Designers, Strategists, and Developers, leading technical projects from start to finish. You’ll help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables
- Understand client goals, and serve as the day-to-day guide leading a diverse team toward achieving those goals
- Plan, schedule, and estimate costs of managing the day-to-day running of website and platform development projects - and facilitate good meetings that maximize everyone’s time
- Work with teams to define product specifications and functional requirements
- Manage client relationships and coordinate internal creative and delivery teams
- Lead projects ensuring the work delivered adds value, while continually developing and evolving the relationship with the client
- Work closely with the operations team to align team structure and staffing with project needs to ensure work is always effectively and efficiently staffed
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Manage multiple website projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Minimize exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and client to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Lead post project assessments and make recommendations for future projects or project optimization
- Have a finger on the pulse of cutting-edge innovation in tech and digital organizing - to build our overall practice and share our point of view with clients
- Potential to manage and mentor project managers
You’ll be a part of our global Project Management team working on website development projects across offices. You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team of Account Leads, Designers, Developers, Strategists, and other creative folks to get the job done.
Top things we’re looking for
- 5+ of professional experience as a project manager with experience with complex, technical builds and website development projects, specifically Wordpress or Drupal builds
- Experience managing other PMs
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with product development and/or full lifecycle development experience.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, to think on your feet and communicate openly and proactively with those around you.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change and redefining how business is done. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect - you’ll act as a role model and help set the standard for how to lead and work together at Blue State
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project
- Confidence to patiently guide clients, including their senior, C-suite leadership
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.