Director of Analytics
"Help us drive real change for real people, by monitoring results and generating insights to improve performance across paid media, web optimization and email campaigns"
In this role, you’ll help lead a team of talented analysts who generate insights that drive decisions, large and small, for a client base that spans leading charities, campaigns, advocacy organizations, and brands. This is a team that challenges the status quo and pushes us all to move toward better results, whether that’s money raised or actions taken or perceptions changed.
You’ll partner with business and craft leaders at Blue State to shape the work we do, evolve our methods, and put data at the heart of our partnerships. You’ll oversee key clients, help land dream clients, and help Blue State deliver the best possible outcome.
If you want to help our teams develop groundbreaking campaigns that will inspire and affect change, and if you want to grow a team of passionate individuals, then this could be the role for you. We’d like to hear about your experience leading teams responsible for data management, analysis, research, and optimization, as well as your experience with clients of varying shapes and sizes. Apply below and let us know why you think you’re the right person for our team.
- Manage and mentor a team of analysts, working with individuals to craft goals and professional development plans, providing regular feedback and guidance as issues arise, addressing training and onboarding needs, and conducting annual performance reviews.
- Set a vision for the smart use of data to improve outcomes for our clients.
- Chart a path for team growth, including but not limited to: quality of work, staffing and hiring, cross-team integration, team goals and utilization, and identification of product and project opportunities.
- Foster a team culture grounded in collaboration and enthusiasm.
- Contribute to a portfolio of clients and projects, providing strategic leadership and expertise in driving data strategy across multiple touch points.
- Help pursue new business and maintain the health of existing accounts. Assist with regular development and review of pitches and proposals.
- Develop scalable industry best practices and product offerings for the Analytics Team and across departments.
- Drive cross-client and company-wide innovation as well as strategic, programmatic, and procedural improvements.
- Drive understanding of how analytics programs fit into broader programs, and pursue a commitment to improving ROI for our clients by working closely with other teams to ensure that all pieces are moving together to accomplish client goals.
- Develop and deliver effective and persuasive presentations demonstrating the value of our work for client teams, business development, and partners. Uncover core insights from data.
- Speak publicly on behalf of the company at events, in publication, and in the media.
We are a passionate group of people who are both thinkers and doers. We bring a people-first, data-driven mindset to all of our work. Ultimately, we’re about real impact for real people, partnering with brands, nonprofits, and political organizations to drive progress.
For us, this isn’t just work. Everything we do is connected to something we care about and we’re seeking an individual willing to work tirelessly to create positive change in the world.
Top things we're looking for
- 8+ years of experience in digital analytics with direct experience working with CRM data, with a web analytics suite such as Google Analytics, A/B testing solutions such as Optimizely (or equivalent), and data analysis in Excel or Google Sheets. Experience in mass marketing with fundraising, advocacy, or ecommerce preferred. Experience with digital paid media is a plus!
- Strong people and team management skills. You are able to identify and solve issues, and escalate when appropriate. You resolve conflicts constructively. You proactively identify and communicate growth goals for yourself and others. You are an exceptional listener. You build teams with a recognizable culture of cooperation.
- Experience with managing people at various stages in their career. You’re a highly skilled coach and mentor. You help your team
- improve through clear feedback and guidance.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of end users, and colleagues.
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State.
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results. Across clients including UNHCR, Amnesty International, Google, Tesco, Nesta, and Tate. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.