MarTech Production Associate
Produce and execute game-changing email programs for top nonprofits.
This role is a perfect fit for the person who finds satisfaction in coding and deploying the perfect email; wants to dig in to the nitty gritty of marketing automation; is always keeping up with and innovating on the latest in marketing technology; and cares deeply about working for missions and causes that are changing the world for the better.
In this role, you’ll support senior communications strategists in executing fundraising and marketing campaigns for a range of nonprofit and brand clients, including international development, public health and social causes. These campaigns are centered around email but reach across channels to include SMS, social, and paid media. The majority of your time will be focused on building and execution in platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EveryAction, and Luminate, including orchestration of cross-channel journeys and automation. There will be plenty of room for innovating, learning, and leading along the way.
- Execute major email and cross-channel programs from start to finish, including production and QA, on systems like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EveryAction, and Luminate, among others.
- Master the capabilities of these platforms and help map campaign strategy onto technology, advising on the best way to take advantage of the tools available and to work around technical challenges.
- Work closely with designers, analysts, and paid media planners to build/target audiences, A/B test and optimize campaigns. Strong communication and collaboration with others, including strategists, analysts, and developers, is essential in this role.
- Support during rapid response moments -- sometimes we need to move fast to launch a campaign. The person in this role should be able to act nimbly in high-pressure moments.
- Stay aware of the latest digital trends and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
The Martech Production Team sits at the intersection of our Content & Campaigns, Strategy, Analytics, and Technology teams. Our resumes boast diverse backgrounds in advertising, political campaigns, journalism, nonprofit marketing, product development, engineering, and much more. Our Martech Production Associates help provide the glue between all of these disciplines, bringing intricate digital experiences and journeys to life. In short, we have a lot of fun while helping our clients change the world.
Top things we’re looking for
- 1-2+ years experience in email marketing and production.
- A passion for cause-based work and promoting progressive values.
- Familiarity with marketing technology platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Luminate, EveryAction or similar
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS coding; coding in scripting languages native to these platforms, such as SFMC’s AMPscript, is a big plus.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and the latest innovations in marketing technology.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model.
- Work well with a variety of departments and key actors. This is a team atmosphere - you're not going solo.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.