Develop and execute game-changing media strategies that tie engagement to the bottom line.
As Paid Media Strategist, you'll be charged with developing and implementing paid digital media strategies as well as managing the execution of paid media campaigns across clients ranging from leading nonprofits to advocacy groups to major brands (and everything in between).
You will be equally strategic, creative, and analytical. Switching seamlessly from a client presentation, to writing an insightful analysis of campaign performance, and rolling up your sleeves to launch new creative is no big deal for you. CPMs, Facebook Business Manager, DSPs, CPAs and dashboards are a few examples of words you use on a regular basis.
You will use your depth of paid media experience to inform your work but also tap into your digital curiosity and passion for innovation to bring new ideas and thinking to the team.
- Develop media plans and recommendations: for a range of assigned clients, across direct response performance media, as well as awareness and engagement objectives. Forecast and size likely campaign achievement across channels and audiences.
- Analyze client’s existing or historic performance: identify opportunities, make recommendations for improvement, and generate insights to drive creative direction or future optimization opportunities.
- Have a strong POV on measurement, performance, and required tracking: apply it to strategic recommendations and ongoing campaign management.
- Manage and optimize media campaigns across multiple platforms: predominantly through Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and Marketing Platform (formerly Adwords and DoubleClick Manager), and social channels such as Twitter and Linkedin, etc. Other channels and platforms are desirable.
- Participate (and sometimes lead) client-facing interactions: present our plans and answer questions on the fly.
- Work collaboratively with other internal or external teams: partner with strategists, account directors, designers, or analysts to produce campaigns, creative ideas, audience segmentation, and innovation opportunities.
Be a thought leader and help keep us up to date with the latest digital media trends: steward and build relationships with media partners, and make test-and-learn recommendations for company and client specific use.
As part of the Paid Media team, you’ll work closely with a cross-disciplinary group of Blue State employees who are passionate, geeky, and care about their clients and causes. Blue State fosters an environment where everyone has an opportunity to shape new approaches, grow and learn from their colleagues, and take advantage of a personal development fund to stretch their skills even further. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most inspiring charities, ambitious brands, and passionate advocacy and social change campaigns.
The top things we're looking for
- 3-5 years experience in a hands-on paid media planning and buying role using a mix of digital channels (Social, Search, Programmatic, Video, etc) - with preference to experience in executing, managing, and reporting on media campaigns with a mix of objectives/goals.
- Ability to translate client business goals into cohesive, articulate, and insight-driven media strategy and tactical media plans and effectively manage multiple clients and projects on time, within budget, and meet performance goals.
- High proficiency with top digital advertising self-service platforms including Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Ads and Marketing Platform (formerly Adwords and DoubleClick Manager), as well as Google Analytics and other measurements platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail, especially with regards to campaign QA, asset loading, tracking and reporting.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for delivering change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- A testing evangelist - no result is ever a problem as long as we can learn and improve in future.
- Humble in victory, constructive in defeat. We champion and expect empathy, communication, collaboration, and respect.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.