Content & Campaigns Strategist
“Mobilize action for the causes that count.”
In this role, you’ll ideate, write and execute impactful and creative digital fundraising and mobilization campaigns for a range of 3-5 clients. Campaigns range from advocacy to fundraising to customer engagement work, for a variety of clients including major nonprofit and advocacy organizations.
The bulk of our digital practice is concentrated on email, but paid media and SMS are increasing areas of focus.
This role will be remote initially, but when it’s safe to return to the office, will be based in Washington, DC.
- Develop cross-channel digital campaigns (everything from concepts to calendars to copy) that mobilize audiences to donate, advocate, engage and more.
- Write succinct and persuasive copy for email, paid media, and related channels.
- Work closely with analysts, strategists and paid media planners to develop A/B tests and optimize campaigns.
- Collaborate with designers to bring ideas to life through beautiful graphics and copy.
- Collaborate with email producers working on platforms like EveryAction to target key audiences and innovate new tactics for converting donors.
- Manage rapid response moments.
- As part of a team, pitch concepts and present plans to client stakeholders.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the social, political and economic issues that impact your clients as well as continual education within your discipline.
- Stay aware of the latest digital campaign trends, and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
- Advance knowledge and professional development across the Content and Campaigns team by attending conferences and workshops, and contributing to team meetings.
This role will sit within our Content and Campaigns team, a team made up of talented digital fundraisers and advocacy experts. Our resumes boast diverse backgrounds in advertising, political campaigns, journalism, nonprofit marketing and much more. Writing great copy is at the heart of what we do, but we are so much more than copywriters -- we develop campaign strategies, brainstorm creative, develop testing plans, collaborate with designers and are never above a terrible pun. In short, we have a lot of fun while helping our clients change the world.
Top things we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience in digital fundraising, advocacy, product growth or similar
- A passion for progressive causes
- A desire to take ownership and lead projects from start to finish
- Impeccable writing skills and a desire to do that writing -- we produce a lot of copy!
- An equal interest in strategy and creative work
- Familiarity with email tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EveryAction, or Luminate is essential
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State
- Experience with paid media or SMS campaigns is a plus!
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a values-led creative and campaigns agency that partners with leading causes, companies, and campaigns to build better organizations for a better world. We drive real change, make good trouble, put people first and are constantly curious.
We believe that there is no force more powerful than people taking collective action on the things they care about. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we know where to find them: in people. We listen, learn, and uncover new insights that often surprise us and our clients — and move us toward better results across clients including UNICEF USA, Amnesty International, Google, Colgate, AARP, Planned Parenthood and many others. We have offices in New York City, Washington DC, London, Oakland and Chicago.