“Help lead our clients and teams to greatness.”
As a Project Coordinator, you will lead day to day project management activities for Blue State’s mix of clients and offerings. You will serve as a close partner to our internal project teams and will collaborate with strategists, designers, analysts, developers, and other subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver thoughtful marketing communications programs or platform/product solutions. You’ll work on client projects from start to finish, and help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Support strategic, creative, and technology delivery by managing overall project timelines, scopes, and budget as well as the day to day production of a client project or task.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of internal delivery teams to complete tasks on time.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Support Account, Creative, and Strategy Leads and SMEs by managing up and providing project or task details as needed
- Draft agendas, timelines, and other internal or client-facing documentation related to the project management of a given client engagement.
Our Accounts and Project Management Team is at the heart of everything we do. Our charge is to take complex problems and break them down into solvable pieces. We are close partners with our clients, understanding their needs, worries and hopes and translating that into inspirational charges for our creative, strategy, and technology teams. We are intellectually curious and love to explore the use of new digital platforms and tools. Our energy and our passion for our work is contagious.
Top things we’re looking for
- 1-3 yrs of experience leading or supporting task/project management for marketing initiatives (e.g. social media, mobile, email, or other digital strategies) and/or product or platform development (e.g. website design and development).
- Experience with and interest in project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required. You are adaptable, curious, and always looking for ways to make things more efficient.
- You have a passion for cause-based work and promoting progressive values.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- Whether it is Slack, Zoom, or email, you are a clear and responsive communicator. You approach communication with empathy and respect. You manage your time well and are excited to dive into multiple projects at once.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- The ability to act as a role model at Blue State and embody our working agreements.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.