Contract Project Manager
Help run digital projects transforming the way people engage
As a Project Manager, you’ll jump right in, interacting with clients, collaborating with diverse teams of UXers, Designers, Strategists, and Developers, leading creative projects from start to finish. You’ll help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
Day-to-day you will:
- Scope, define, estimate, and manage budgets and timelines for website redesign & platform focused projects
- Work with teams to define product specifications and functional requirements
- Support senior members of the team in managing client relationships and coordination of internal creative and delivery teams
- Manage operational aspects of projects, including communication of client needs to team and vice versa as well as resourcing and financial health tracking
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Manage multiple website build projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Minimize exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and client to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
You’ll be a part of our global Project Management team working on projects across offices. You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team of Designers, Developers, Strategists, and other creative folks to get the job done.
Top things we’re looking for
- 2+ of professional experience as a project manager with experience managing website development projects, specifically Wordpress or Drupal builds
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment while maintaining a sense of perspective.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.