"Help run website development projects transforming the way people engage"
As a Project Manager, you’ll jump right in, interacting with clients, collaborating with diverse teams of UXers, Designers, Strategists, and Developers, leading website development and technical consulting projects from start to finish. You’ll help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Scope, define, estimate, and manage budgets and timelines for website redesign & platform focused projects
- Work with teams to define product specifications and functional requirements
- Support senior members of the team in managing client relationships and coordination of internal creative and delivery teams
- Manage operational aspects of projects, including communication of client needs to team and vice versa as well as resourcing and financial health tracking
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Manage multiple website build projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Minimize exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and client to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Lead post project assessments and make recommendations for future projects or project optimization
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
You’ll be a part of our global Project Management team working on website development projects across offices. You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team of Designers, Developers, Strategists, and other creative folks to get the job done.
Top things we’re looking for
- 2+ of professional experience as a project manager with experience in digital and managing website development projects, specifically Wordpress or Drupal builds
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team oriented mindset, attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment while maintaining a sense of perspective.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, indigenous folks, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF to AARP and Planned Parenthood, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters.